2009 Rhinestones Auditions: Questions and Answers
Dates: Saturday, March 28th
& Sunday, March 29th
Time: Saturday: 12:00pm-5:00pm
Location: Bally Total Fitness in Henrietta
1225 Jefferson Rd.
Q: What time should I arrive for the audition?
A: You should arrive at 12:00pm Saturday and 11:00am Sunday.
Q: What if I cheered and never took dance lessons or have studio dance training but never cheered?
A: The Rhinestones have either cheered, danced or both. We can utilize your skill level and conform to our style. We continue to incorporate all styles of dance, including cheer (pom), hip hop and jazz.
Q: What should I wear to the audition?
Saturday, March 28th:Required:
- Form fitting work-out attire
- Black dance pants or capris
- Tank, sports bra or dance crop top
- Black dance sneakers OR athletic sneakers (must have lacing and backing). Dancing in socks is NOT permitted.
Sunday, March 29th:Required:
- Form fitting TWO (2) piece performance attire
- Black dance pants or hot shorts (If wearing hot shorts, you must wear skin colored non-shimmery dance tights)
- Crop, halter or sports bra top permitted
- Black dance sneakers or athletic sneakers (must have lacing and backing). Dancing in socks is NOT permitted.
Q: How Should I Wear My Hair & Make-up?
Saturday, March 28th:
Hair: Should compliment your features. Hair should not hide your face.
Make-up: Wear colors that compliment your natural beauty. Visible tattoos must be covered with body makeup.
Required: Light make-up (bronzer and mascara). No sticky lip gloss.
Saturday, March 29th:
Hair: Performance (full-hair). Hair must be down and either blown-out (straight) or curled (curling iron or hot rollers). Hair must look polished.
Make-up: Performance make-up. Visible tattoos must be covered with body makeup.
Required: Foundation or tinted moisturizer, blush/bronzer, eye makeup (eyeliner and mascara) and a darker shade of lipstick.
** Please note for audition:
- NO jewelry, piercings, or nail polish allowed. Plastic piercing retainers are allowed.
- Please have a healthy breakfast before you arrive!
- All cell phones MUST be turned off during audition. Do not bring any valuables to the audition. There are lockers in the locker room and cubbies, but nothing is locked, unless you bring your own.
Q: What are the age requirements?
A: You must be a high school graduate and 18 years old by our first home game, May 30th, 2009.
Q: What is the format of auditions?
A: Rehearsal & Audition Info:
Saturday, March 28th: 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Registration & Warm-up: 12:00-1:00pm
- You must bring a photocopy of your license and a photo of yourself.
- Photos will not be returned.
- Choreography Session: 1:00-5:00pm
All candidates will be taught choreography including hip-hop, jazz and cheer. The routine is broken down into two sessions:
- Hip-hop/Jazz: Eight 8 counts. Dance Combination will include technical elements.
- Cheer: Sideline that is two 8 counts.
*You will be given refreshment breaks in between choreography sessions. You may bring your own refreshments. Water and healthy snacks will be provided.
Sunday, March 29th: 11:00am-4:00pm
- Sign-in & Group Assignment: 11:00-11:30am
- Warm-up: 11:30am-12:00pm
- Rehearsal & Interview Session: 12:00-1:00pm
- Interviews: You will be asked questions about your interests, personality and professionalism. Please come prepared with background knowledge of your cheer/dance experience.
Judging Process: 1:00pm
You'll be required to perform the routines that you've learned. You'll perform in groups.
You will be judge based on the following elements:
- Professional Appearance
- Ability to learn choreography
Q: Is there a weight or height requirement?
A: There is not a weight or height requirement. However, our uniform and fitness regime requires a toned and athletic body.
Q: What is the practice schedule like?
A: Practices begin in April. The Rhinestones hold two practices a week. Practices and games are mandatory. There are few exceptions, such as a major illness, family emergency or prior commitments (i.e., a wedding or a previously scheduled vacation).
Q: When are the games?
A: You can check out the Rhinos 2009 Game schedule on the Rhino's web site @ www.rhinossoccer.com. The home games begin in May and play-offs are in October. Please note that if you need to go back to school end of August, we may make exceptions.
Q: Do you travel with the team?
A: No. The Rhinestones only perform at Rhino’s HOME games.
Q: What responsibilities would I have as a Rhinestone?
A: In addition to continuing your education, coaching, and/or working full time, each girl on the team dedicates their time to practicing, performing at games and making appearances at charity functions and promotional events for the Rhinos organization.
Q: Do you stunt and tumble?
A: The Rhinestones continue to be one of the only professional cheerleading and dance teams that incorporate stunts and tumbling, as well as various forms of dance (including hip-hop, jazz, and pom). Stunting and tumbling skills are not required to be on the team.
Q: How can I contact the Rhinestones if I have any other questions?
A:Contact the Director at email@example.com with any questions.